2010/03/09

Heimo Korth @ VBS

Being a cinema nerd, I guess I'd like to mention my penchant for the "documentary" genre. Recently I stumbled upon a site [ http://www.vbs.tv ] through a piece on North Korea, sent from a friend (ex co-worker). I've been reading & watching more material, and have been pleasantly surprised by the quality videos. The "Vice Guide" series is definitely informative, while entertaining. The point of this post is that I just finished a 5-part set (beautifully shot) titled "Heimo's Arctic Refuge" [ 1/5 ]. Not only will this guy, his family, their life, and their story fascinate you, it might stun you. I thoroughly appreciated the insight, and by the end, felt a little warmed by the humanity, which seems almost ironic considering their unbelievable remote location. Going off-the-grid doesn't even describe it. View this when you can, I think you'll find something unique... Aside from the "moose tacos".